BECKMAN COULTER PRESENTS THE NEW VERIS MDX MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS SYSTEM
Beckman Coulter has unveiled its new random access molecular diagnostics system, the VERIS MDx, at the European Conference on Clinincal Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) in Barcelona this week. The VERIS MDx system and VERIS CMV assay received CE mark earlier this year.
The system offers automated nucleic acid extraction, purification, amplification, and detection. It accepts several sample containers for plasma, serum and culture tubes. 48 samples can be lined up on 12 racks of 4 samples each. The time to result for DNA tests is around 70 minutes and for RNA tests a little longer, around 100 minutes, because PCR amplification only works on DNA and therefore you must reverse-transcribe to cDNA first. For multiplex analysis five different detection colors available with a bandwidth of 505 to 720 nm. The onboard capacity consists of 96 extraction and purification cartridges and reagents are covered for 20 assays with 48 tests per assay. Reagents are stable in the machine for up to 14 days.
By providing continuous access, one-step loading, and individual test reporting, results are immediately available and you don’t have to wait with a batch of samples for the late arrivals from the other side of the hospital.
The first application that attained CE Mark for this device is the Cytomegalovirus (CMV) assay. This assay is intended for use in monitoring CMV viral loads in transplant, immunocompromised, or other patients at risk for virus reactivation or disease. Quantitative or qualitative results can be produced, and quantitative results can be reported in IU/mL and log copies/mL. Other assays in development for the VERIS system include quantitative HIV, HCV, and HBV and qualitative CT/NG, MRSA, C.diff, and HPV.
- Medical Fair Asia 2014
- Patient Care Malaysia 2014
- 1st Global Alumni Health, Science & Technology Convention
- Transborneo Wound Conference 2014
- APHM International Healthcare Conference & Exhibition 2014
- BSI Medical Device Forum 2014
- NADI - Diabetes Complications Conference & Grand Rounds 2014
- Sunway Medical Centre International Accreditation Award Press Conference
- idsMED Healthcare Forum 2014
- Frost & Sullivan - GIL Malaysia & MYEA 2014
- Hospital Efficiency and Quality Asia Summit 2014
- The 17th SE-Asian Healthcare & Pharma Show 2014
- Frost & Sullivan 2014 Healthcare Outlook
- General Hospital - Hospital Management Senate / Healthcare Supply Chain 2013
- Frost & Sullivan Corporate Challenge 2013 : Frost The Trail
- Diabetes Asia 2013
- BioMalaysia & Bioeconomy Asia Pacific 2013 Conference & Exhibition
- LabAsia 2013
- Medical Fair Thailand 2013
- APHM International Healthcare Conference & Exhibition 2013
- Servo Dynamics Serves Up Contact-less Conveyor System for Ultra Clean Room...
- German Leading Expert and Sector Specialist Conducts Knowledge Forum and...
- User-Friendly Blood Glucose Monitoring System From Major Biosystem Corp.
- idsMED Healthcare Forum 2014: In Conversation with the Regional MD for the...
- SIARE Sears Market with Esteemed Establishment Experience in Development of...
- Sodick Sends Sound Signature of Plastic Extrusion Moulding Machine with Top...
- Hiwin Heralds Robotic Age for Occupational Therapy and Post-Injury Motor...
- Dabir Surfaces Creates Undulating Plane of Alternate Pressure Nodes; Creating...
- C21TV at BSI Medical Device Forum 2014
- Royal Melbourne Hospital Reiterates Patient Safety and Clinical Quality as Main...