MEDICAL FAIR ASIA 2012
Dec 07, 2011
Asia's most prominent medical trade fair returns to Singapore with a 50% expansion in floor space
The 9th edition of Asia's most significant medical and health exhibition, MEDICAL FAIR ASIA, returns even bigger and better to Suntec Singapore from 12 to 14 September 2012. With a show floor extended by some 50% to occupy all three halls on level six of the convention centre, MEDICAL FAIR ASIA 2012 - the biggest edition yet since its debut in 1997 - will showcase an international line-up of leading medical and health care players from around the world.
Focused on equipment and supplies for the hospital, diagnostic, pharmaceutical, medical and rehabilitation sectors, all three halls will bring together new and innovative technologies, solutions, products and services from around the world, in line with current and future demographic trends, medical and health care challenges and the next wave of healthcare modernisation.
As part of the international series of medical trade shows presented by the Messe Düsseldorf Group, MEDICAL FAIR ASIA, organised by Messe Messe Düsseldorf Asia, has established itself as the region's most effective business forum for medical and health care manufacturers and suppliers to feature their products and services to procurers, healthcare givers, practitioners and professionals, and decision makers.
Leading forum for medical and health care sectors
With a history that spans more than a decade, the biennial exhibition has grown exponentially over the years. The last edition of MEDICAL FAIR ASIA held in 2010 set a new record in the number of attendees and exhibiting companies as it attracted more than 7,000 quality trade visitors, and 475 companies from 31 countries, of which 80% came from overseas.
Next year, MEDICAL FAIR ASIA is expected to attract strong participation from some 500 exhibitors from 35 countries and an attendance of 10,000 trade visitors from across ASEAN and the Asia Pacific region. It is also anticipated to draw participation from various national groups such as Austria, China, France, Germany, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan, further underpinning the global relevance of the exhibition.
Growing medical device market
Raising the bar and providing a platform for the medical technology segment, 2012 will see the addition of MEDICAL MANUFACTURING ASIA to Messe Düsseldorf Asia's portfolio. Co-located with MEDICAL FAIR ASIA 2012, the exhibition is jointly organised by the Singapore Precision Engineering & Tooling Association (SPETA). MEDICAL MANUFACTURING ASIA comes at a time when the Asia Pacific medical device market is expected to account for 25% of global market share and reach US$62.3 billion in revenue by 2012. The co-located exhibitions offer synergistic opportunities for specialists sourcing diversified solutions. With the expansion of the show floor and the concurrently held exhibition, this further reinforces MEDICAL FAIR ASIA as the region's most prominent medical and health care equipment and supplies sourcing platform.
"The increasingly rising participation and attendance at MEDICAL FAIR ASIA with record numbers at the last edition in 2010, coupled with the booming medical and heatlh care industry in Asia, is a clear indication of the growing need for a trade fair specifically dedicated to Asia's medical and health care sectors. It is also testament to the exhibition's role and position as a meeting place for all medical and health care professionals in Asia and beyond," says Gernot Ringling, Managing Director, Messe Düsseldorf Asia.
Boom in the healthcare market
The unprecedented growth of the Southeast Asian healthcare market due to the ever increasing awareness and benefits of quality healthcare, upward trend of medical tourism, rising ageing population, higher life expectancies, and economic development have given rise to a booming medical and health care sector particularly in medical devices and equipment. The demand for improved medical and health care products and services is expected to ignite the growth of a global market for medical quipment and supplies, currently valued at US$273 billion. Countries in the region, particularly Singapore, Thailand and Malsysia are already making headway as they take advantage of the boom in the global healthcare market. At present, Southeast Asia records the highest private health expenditure of any region in the world, at 63.1% of total health expenditures.
Set against this impressive backdrop, major ASEAN nations are boosting their healthcare spending in order to expand access to treatment, modernise their medical systems and furnish more advanced services to both local and foreign patients, and to cater to the silver industry. This emergent market creates opportunities for enterprising companies across the entire health care ecosystem planning to penetrate the ASEAN region.
|Space application are now open for the MEDICAL FAIR ASIA 2012 and MEDICAL MANUFACTURING ASIA 2012. For more information on the exhibitions, please visit www.medicalfair-asia.com / www.medmanufacturing-asia.com or contact:|
Zarina Ann Muhammad | Teresa Chua
Tel: (65) 6332 9624 | 6332 9621
Tel: (65) 6332 9682
At a glance
About Messe Düsseldorf Asia
Messe Düsseldorf Asia is a subsidiary of Messe Düsseldorf in Germany, one of the world's leading trade fair organizers, responsible for organizing more than 20 global No. 1 exhibitions in various industries including plastics, printing and packaging - specifically K, drupa and interpack held in Düsseldorf, Germany. Messe Düsseldorf Asia has developed a portfolio of numerous trade fairs in Southeast Asia since 1995. Its trade fairs for the plastics and rubber sectors in Malaysia (M-PLAS), Thailand (TIPREX) and Vietnam (Plastic & Rubber Vietnam) and the printing and packaging sector in Thailand (PACK PRINT INTERNATIONAL), and the medical and health care industries in Thailand and Singapore (MEDICAL FAIR THAILAND, MEDICAL FAIR ASIA, and Occupational Safety and Health Asia) are successful events serving the regional markets of Southeast Asia and beyond. In 2012, Messe Düsseldorf Asia will feature its Indonesia portfolio with Indopack, Indoprint, and Indoplas.
Latest Video Coverage
- Medical Fair Asia 2014
- Patient Care Malaysia 2014
- 1st Global Alumni Health, Science & Technology Convention
- Transborneo Wound Conference 2014
- APHM International Healthcare Conference & Exhibition 2014
- BSI Medical Device Forum 2014
- NADI - Diabetes Complications Conference & Grand Rounds 2014
- Sunway Medical Centre International Accreditation Award Press Conference
- idsMED Healthcare Forum 2014
- Frost & Sullivan - GIL Malaysia & MYEA 2014
- Hospital Efficiency and Quality Asia Summit 2014
- The 17th SE-Asian Healthcare & Pharma Show 2014
- Frost & Sullivan 2014 Healthcare Outlook
- General Hospital - Hospital Management Senate / Healthcare Supply Chain 2013
- Frost & Sullivan Corporate Challenge 2013 : Frost The Trail
- Diabetes Asia 2013
- BioMalaysia & Bioeconomy Asia Pacific 2013 Conference & Exhibition
- LabAsia 2013
- Medical Fair Thailand 2013
- APHM International Healthcare Conference & Exhibition 2013
Most Viewed Videos
- Servo Dynamics Serves Up Contact-less Conveyor System for Ultra Clean Room...
- User-Friendly Blood Glucose Monitoring System From Major Biosystem Corp.
- Physiotherapy Platform Portents Rise in Recognition of Profession as Integral...
- SIARE Sears Market with Esteemed Establishment Experience in Development of...
- Sodick Sends Sound Signature of Plastic Extrusion Moulding Machine with Top...
- BTL Aggressively Expanding Its Regional Asia Pacific Market
- Hiwin Heralds Robotic Age for Occupational Therapy and Post-Injury Motor...
- Dabir Surfaces Creates Undulating Plane of Alternate Pressure Nodes; Creating...
- German Leading Expert and Sector Specialist Conducts Knowledge Forum and...
- Royal Melbourne Hospital Reiterates Patient Safety and Clinical Quality as Main...
Thursday 16th October 2014: Diabetes is a major health problem worldwide, more so in developing countries. In Malaysia, the rate of diabetes has... Read more »